Lifetime Education and FLS International offer fastest way to develop your English. It features six hours a day of quality language instruction, including a core class, your choice of two electives or one premium test preparation class, and a daily academic workshop. Designed for students who plan to transfer to an American college or university, the program is suitable for any student interested in gaining English fluency as quickly as possible.
Our program places an exceptional emphasis on speaking. Students practice speaking skills frequently in class, receiving regular guidance and correction from their instructor.
All Academic English students enjoy these exceptional features:
- Eighteen levels of study from low beginner to high advanced.
- Small class sizes of 15 or less, guaranteeing individual attention from your teacher.
- Core Class emphasizing the four key language skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Two Elective Classes devoted to a specific topic or skill, such as Slang, Business English, American Culture, Public Speaking, Grammar, or Composition. Or take one of our premium Test Preparation classes to prepare for the TOEFL, TOEIC, SAT, GRE, GMAT, or IELTS.
- Lab-style Academic Workshop offering a range of academic options each week, including Pronunciation Clinics, Conversation Clubs, Homework Labs, Computer Labs, and more.
- Our exclusive English Everywhere program with weekly Hot Sheets, involving your host family, activity guides and FLS staff in your learning process.
- Weekly English tests and individualized progress reports every four weeks.
- Language Extension Day (LED) activities once per term, encouraging students to use English in new settings and contexts.
- Readers and novels to increase reading comprehension and understanding of American culture (for High Beginner and above).
- Access to college computer facilities, libraries and labs at Citrus College, Saddleback College, Tennessee Tech University, Chestnut Hill College, and Saint Peter’s University.
- Access to numerous free activities and specially priced excursions.
- Certificate of Completion upon successful graduation from each level.
- Articulation agreements with numerous colleges allowing admission without a TOEFL score based on completion of the designated FLS level.
- Personalized counseling and academic assistance.